Over his three decades in practice, Bill Bone has successfully represented over a thousand clients obtaining settlements and jury awards of more than a hundred million dollars. Admitted to practice in all the state courts of Florida and certified as a specialist in civil trial law by the Florida Bar Association, Mr. Bone is past chairman of the Plaintiff’s Personal Injury Law Committee, Law Week, and the public relations committee for the Palm Beach County Bar Association.
Super Lawyers has recognized Bill Bone as one of the best West Palm Beach car accident lawyers in his field, and Martindale-Hubbell, the preeminent independent rating publication, has repeatedly awarded him and his firm the highest accolades in legal ability and ethics. Law and Leading Attorneys: A Florida Consumers Guidebook named Mr. Bone an outstanding practitioner in the top 5% of all Florida attorneys. Both Google and Avvo document his client ratings as the highest within his legal peer group.
A lifelong Floridian, Bill Bone practices law and contributes to civic life in the very same town in which he was born and raised. He is proud to serve as campaign chairman of Palm Beach County Do the Write Thing Challenge, the local chapter of a nationwide project helping middle-school students understand youth violence and contribute their own creative solutions. He’s a member of the educational advisory committee of the Kravis Center for the Performing Arts, which ensures that school children experience world-class concerts and plays, regardless of their ability to pay. In 2016, the Palm Beach Police Foundation awarded him its Distinguished Service Medal, and in 2017, Bill Bone was honored by the Palm Beach County Education Foundation as one of the local school district’s distinguished alumni.
Bill served as chairman of the Palm Beach Centennial Commission, which planned the city’s 100th-anniversary celebration in 2011 and then helped raise over a million dollars to renovate Town Square and restore the iconic Addison Mizner-designed seahorse fountain in the center of Palm Beach island. As past president of Rotary Club of West Palm Beach, Bill Bone remains an active member of this worldwide, volunteer-led, civic and charitable organization for business professionals.
To ensure that the next generation of lawyers obtains the same outstanding legal education he received, Bill Bone serves as a trustee of the Levin College of Law, University of Florida, where he helps build philanthropic support for the law school he attended.
Bill Bone is an enthusiastic recreational cyclist and dedicated fan. He serves as the lead sponsor of the Bill Bone Pro-Am Race Series, the Bill Bone Racing Team, Bill Bone Twilight Race Series, and the Bill Bone Tropical Triathlon, which unites amateur cyclists and pro athletes of all ages throughout Florida. These are more than just hobbies for Bill Bone: They epitomize his love for Florida’s natural beauty and his athletic spirit. This lead him to form the law firm Bill Bone Bike Law to provide legal support to cyclists in the state of Florida.
Bill Bone is passionate about justice and compassionate toward those victimized by injustice. As a partner at Larmoyeux & Bone, he works daily with individuals and families whose lives have been profoundly changed by devastating injury, medical malpractice and negligence, vehicle collisions, faulty medical devices, and harmful consumer products. Mr. Bone represents people in complex insurance litigation, personal injury, and wrongful death suits, including clients with disabling personal injuries like spinal fractures, brain damage, and neurological disorders, as well as clients who have lost family members because of the negligence of others. Bill Bone has a record of winning high-level settlements and jury verdicts to provide for the wellbeing of plaintiffs, survivors, and their family members.
Bill Bone’s Experience
Areas of Practice
- All Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Matters
- Including Accidents, Collisions, Medical Malpractice & Insurance Disputes
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Civil Trial Lawyer, Florida Bar Board Certified
- Florida, 1984
- University of Florida College of Law, Gainesville, Florida, 1984
J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, 1981
B.S.B.A., Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Tort and Insurance Practice Section, 1984 – Present Member
- The Florida Bar, 1988 – Present Member
- The Florida Bar, 1988 – 1989 Vice Chair, Annual Meeting Committee
- Palm Beach County Bar Association, 1984 – Present Member
- Palm Beach County Bar Association, 1986 – 1987 Chair, Law Week Committee
- Palm Beach County Bar Association, 1987 – 1992 Chair, Public Relations Committee
- Palm Beach County Bar Association, 1993 – 1995 Chair, Plaintiffs Personal Injury Law Committee
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America, 1989 – Present Member
- University of Florida, Levin College of Law, 2000 – 2001 President, Law Alumni Council
- University of Florida, Levin College of Law, 1999 – Present Trustee
- Palm Beach Community Chest, 1998 – 2004 Trustee
- Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County, 1986 – Present Trustee
- Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers, 1989 – Present Eagle Member
- West Palm Beach Rotary Club, 1996 – Present Member
- West Palm Beach Rotary Club, 2003 – 2004 Treasurer
- Forum Club, Inc., 2003 – 2004 President Elect
Past Employment Positions
- The Law Office of Bill Bone P.A., 1985 – 2002
- Lytal & Reiter, 1985 – 1993
- Montgomery, Lytal, Reiter, Denney & Searcy, P.A., 1984