Bill Bone has dedicated his law practice and much of his spare time to helping people in need. From his service work in college as a member of the exclusive Florida Blue Key Leadership Honorary Society to his endowment of the Trial Advocacy Book Award at the University of Florida Law School, he has always strived to “give something back” to his community. His work on behalf of injured clients has earned him a well-deserved reputation as a tough negotiator and an even tougher litigator.
Bill Bone attended the University of Florida as an undergraduate and received his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in 1981. He received his Juris Doctorate degree from the University Of Florida College Of Law in 1984. While a student, Mr. Bone was named to the University of Florida Hall of Fame for his successful enrollment in numerous campus activities and leadership positions including Student Government and the Interfraternity Council. Bill Bone is a past President of the University of Florida Law School Alumni Council and a Trustee of the University’s College of Law. Bill Bone is also a graduate of Leadership Palm Beach County.
Bill Bone is admitted to practice in all the state courts of Florida. He is certified as a Specialist in Civil Trial Law by The Florida Bar Legal Specialization and Education Department. He is Past Chairman of the Plaintiff’s Personal Injury Law Committee, Past Chairman of Law Week and Past Chairman of the Public Relations Committee for the Palm Beach County Bar Association and a member of The American Bar Association, The Florida Justice Association and EAGLE member of The American Association for Justice.
The independent lawyer rating publication, Martindale-Hubbell, has repeatedly awarded Bill Bone and his firm the highest accolades in both categories evaluated: Legal Ability and General Ethical Standards. Law and Leading Attorneys: A Florida Consumers Guidebook, surveys thousands of Florida attorneys in over 30 specialized areas of law to identify those regarded by their peers as reputable and qualified. Mr. Bone was selected as an outstanding practitioner in the area of personal injury law and as such is part of a group that represents less than 5% of Florida’s practicing attorneys.
Bill Bone is a leader in the community and serves as: Chairman, of the Town of Palm Beach Centennial Commission; Chairman, Do the Write Thing Challenge for the National Campaign to Stop Violence; Executive Committee of the Kravis Center for the Performing Arts Corporate Partners and Member of the Center’s Education Committee; Trustee of the Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County; Vice President, CycleFest, Inc; and Founding President and Trustee of Florida Stage. Bill Bone has been recognized as an exemplary volunteer of numerous organizations including: The March of Dimes; American Heart Association; Palm Beach Police Foundation and The South Florida Science Museum. Other community involvement includes: Past President of the Forum Club of the Palm Beaches, Inc., Past President, Rotary Club of West Palm Beach, Inc., Past-Trustee of the Palm Beach Community Chest/United Way; Past President of the Board of Healthy Mothers/Healthy Babies, and Past Board Member of the Palm Beach Opera and Ballet Florida.
Bill Bone is passionate about Cycling as a sport and hobby. He is the title sponsor of the Bill Bone Racing Team. The Bill Bone Bike Tour which is part of the Marathon Festival of the Palm Beaches is named in his honor as is the Bill Bone Grand Prix cycling race.
Bill Bone has successfully represented hundreds of clients with serious personal injuries such as spinal fractures, brain damage and neurological disorders, as well as clients who have lost family members because of the negligence of others. Bill Bone has numerous successful verdicts and settlements in excess of 1,000,000. Sample cases include: bicycle, car, truck and train collisions, complex multi-party negligence, harmful product litigation, insurance litigation and medical malpractice matters.
Visit our Jury Verdicts and Settlements page.
Bill Bone’s Experience
Areas of Practice
- All Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Matters
- Including Accidents, Collisions, Medical Malpractice & Insurance Disputes
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Civil Trial Lawyer, Florida Bar Board Certified
- Florida, 1984
- University of Florida College of Law, Gainesville, Florida, 1984
J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, 1981
B.S.B.A., Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Tort and Insurance Practice Section, 1984 – Present Member
- The Florida Bar, 1988 – Present Member
- The Florida Bar, 1988 – 1989 Vice Chair, Annual Meeting Committee
- Palm Beach County Bar Association, 1984 – Present Member
- Palm Beach County Bar Association, 1986 – 1987 Chair, Law Week Committee
- Palm Beach County Bar Association, 1987 – 1992 Chair, Public Relations Committee
- Palm Beach County Bar Association, 1993 – 1995 Chair, Plaintiffs Personal Injury Law Committee
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America, 1989 – Present Member
- University of Florida, Levin College of Law, 2000 – 2001 President, Law Alumni Council
- University of Florida, Levin College of Law, 1999 – Present Trustee
- Palm Beach Community Chest, 1998 – 2004 Trustee
- Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County, 1986 – Present Trustee
- Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers, 1989 – Present Eagle Member
- West Palm Beach Rotary Club, 1996 – Present Member
- West Palm Beach Rotary Club, 2003 – 2004 Treasurer
- Forum Club, Inc., 2003 – 2004 President Elect
Past Employment Positions
- The Law Office of Bill Bone P.A., 1985 – 2002
- Lytal & Reiter, 1985 – 1993
- Montgomery, Lytal, Reiter, Denney & Searcy, P.A., 1984