Attorney Chris Larmoyeux is a partner with the personal injury law firm of Larmoyeux & Bone, P.L. Prior to forming Larmoyeux & Bone, Mr. Larmoyeux was a partner with the firm of Montgomery & Larmoyeux. Before that, he was a partner with the firm of Montgomery, Searcy & Denney from 1985 to 1989, and a partner with Montgomery, Lytal, Reiter, Denney & Searcy, P.A., in West Palm Beach, Florida from 1983 – 1985, where he began his legal career in 1979.
Mr. Larmoyeux graduated magna cum laude from the University of Florida (B.A., 1976), and earned his Juris Doctorate degree from the University of Notre Dame in 1979. While a law student, Mr. Larmoyeux studied at Notre Dame London Center of Law and at the University of London, Kings College (1978-1979).
Mr. Larmoyeux is admitted to the Florida and Colorado State Bars, the U.S. District Court, Southern District, the U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth and Eleventh Circuits. Mr. Larmoyeux is Board Certified as a specialist in Civil Trial Practice: Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice, and Wrongful Death. He is a member of the Palm Beach County Bar Association, the American Bar Association, The Florida Justice Association and The American Association for Justice.
Mr. Larmoyeux is listed in Best Lawyers in America Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury & Wrongful Death – Woodward & White, which is widely regarded as the preeminent guide to the legal profession in the United States. He has been recognized by Florida Trend Magazine as one of Florida’s “Legal Elite” and listed as one of Florida’s “Super Lawyers.” Additionally, the independent lawyer rating publication, Martindale-Hubbell, has consistently awarded Mr. Larmoyeux the highest rating in the categories of Legal Ability and General Ethical Standards.
Mr. Larmoyeux is a frequent lecturer on personal injury cases and has more than sixty-five verdicts and settlements in excess of $1,000,000.00. In addition to his law practice, Mr. Larmoyeux is committed to his community. He is the past Chairman of the Palm Beach County Cultural Council. He is a former member of the Florida Arts Council, having been appointed by Florida Secretary of State. He has also served on the boards of numerous charities.
Visit our Jury Verdicts and Settlements page.
Christopher Larmoyeux’s Experience
- Civil Trial Lawyer, Florida Bar Board Certified
- Florida, 1980
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- University of Notre Dame London Law Center, London, England, 1979
- Notre Dame Law School, London, England, 1978
<li”>University of Florida, 1976
- Honors: Magna Cum Laude
- “Worker’s Compensation – A Topical Survey Seminar”, Miami and Tampa, Florida, The Florida Bar, August 29, 1985 – August 30, 1985
- “Recovering Punitive Damages in a Products Liability Case – Developing the Strategy”, Professional Education Systems, Inc., June 28, 1986
- “How to Prove Medical Causation During Cross-Examination of Defense Witnesses”, AFTL Convention, October 29, 1986
- “Is it Constitutional? A Diagnosis, A Prognosis”, (Legislative & Case Law Update) Tampa, FL, AFTL Convention, June 23, 1988
<li”>”Liability from the Plaintiffs Perspective”, Risk Management Seminar, Ft. Lauderdale, FL, Florida Society for Healthcare Risk Management, August 18, 1988
- “Liability from the Plaintiffs Perspective”, Risk Management Seminar, Orlando, FL, Florida Hospital Association, November 9, 1988
- “Liability from the Plaintiffs Perspective”, Orlando, FL, CIGNA Health Plan of Florida, Inc., January 21, 1989
- “Risk Management”, Orlando, FL, Adventist Health Systems, October 31, 1989
- “Initial Consideration for the Plaintiff” Trying the Automobile Injury Case in Florida – W. Palm Beach, FL, National Business Institute, June 29, 1994
- “Initial Consideration for the Plaintiff” Trying the Automobile Injury Case in Florida – W. Palm Beach, FL, National Business Institute, December 8, 1995
- “Subrogated Hospital Liens”, West Palm Beach, Florida, Inner Circle Convention, November 1, 1994
- “Interviewing and Counseling Clients” Bridge the Gap Seminar – West Palm Beach, Florida, Palm Beach County Bar Association, November 14, 1994
- “Interviewing and Counseling Clients” Bridge the Gap Seminar – West Palm Beach, Florida, Palm Beach County Bar Association, March 20, 1995
- “How to Resolve Worker’s Compensation, Medicare, Medicaid and Hospital Liens (Status of Law, Lien Calculation Formulas & How to Negotiate)” 14th Annual Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Seminar, West Palm Beach, Florida, The Florida Bar, March 12, 1997
- “Wrongful Death: Perspectives from the Masters of Trial Advocacy: Opening Statements”, West Palm Beach, Florida, Palm Beach County Bar Association, April 5, 2002
- “Impeachment on the Expert and Non-Expert Witness: Real Evidence for the Trial Practitioner”, West Palm Beach, Florida, Lorman Business Center, Inc., November 7, 2002
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- The Florida Justice Association
- The American Association for Justice
Past Employment Positions
- Montgomery & Larmoyeux, Partner, 1989 – 2001
- Montgomery, Searcy & Denney, Partner, 1985 – 1989
- Montgomery, Lytal, Reiter, Denney & Searcy, P.A., Partner, 1983 – 1985
- Montgomery, Lytal, Reiter, Denney & Searcy, P.A., Associate, 1979 – 1983
Previous Organization Name
- Christopher M. Larmoyeux